Cloudinary – Image Management in the Cloud – Giveaway: 3 x 3 Month Accounts
Cloud services have fast become a vital step into the next generation of hosting and delivering efficient web applications. Today, we are excited to present everyone a revolutionary web service called Cloudinary. Cloudinary is a step forward for web application developers, which allow them to concentrate on building their application instead of spending time on building a common infrastructure, in this case – image management and image manipulation.
Cloudinary is a SaaS (Software as a Service) that offers a solution to the entire image management pipeline. It enables easy image uploads to the cloud and smart image transformations in the cloud without installing any complex software: resize, crop, face detection based cropping, rounded corners, custom coordinates cropping, format conversion and more.
Cloudinary also delivers all images through a fast CDN with advanced caching and provides automatic Facebook & Twitter profile picture embedding and transforming to match your website's design. You can set up your Cloudinary account within seconds and integrate it with your web application in a snap.
Here's a quick example of what Cloudinary can do. The following URL - http://res.cloudinary.com/demo/image/facebook/w_100,h_100,c_thumb,g_face,r_25/billclinton.png
Dynamically returns the following image:
Behind the scenes, this single URL request told Cloudinary to access Facebook’s API, download Bill Clinton's latest profile picture matching the requested dimensions, use face detection to create a perfect face thumbnail crop, round the corners for a nicer look, cache the image for consecutive requests and deliver the final image through a fast CDN. Isn't that cool?
Anyone can use Cloudinary to:
- Manage all your assets and web resources in the cloud.
- Allow any web application, large or small, to enjoy modern web delivery platforms.
- Completely remove the tedious tasks of locally managing web resources; instead, utilize the advanced features and industry best practices we always wished we had.
Some Key Features
- Cloudinary offers comprehensive APIs and administration capabilities and is easy to integrate with any web application.
- Cloudinary provides HTTP and URL based APIs that any web developer or site's owner of any web framework can use.
- For simplifying integration further they already have:
- A Ruby GEM for integrating in Ruby on Rails
- A beta Python/Django library
- A beta PHP client library
- A code-less method for delivering all images through a CDN
- Cloudinary also host a very active blog with many blog posts relevant to web developers.
There are 3 x 3 months premium accounts being given away (worth $120/account) to OXP readers.
Enter the Giveaway
- Submit a comment to this post telling us what you think of Cloudinary.
- Spread the word on Twitter to increase your chance of winning and include the tweet link together in your comment. (Click to Tweet easily)
This giveaway ends on 27th May, 2012. Please use a valid email address when filling out the comment form. Please comment only once.
The winners will be selected at random, contacted by email within 3 business days after the contest is over and announced in this article.
Good luck, everyone!
Here Are The Lucky Winners
We are glad to announce the lucky winners for Cloudinary giveaway. They are:
- Joanne D
- Paola Garcia
- Mike Swift
Winners will be contacted through email soon. If you are one of them and have not received an email from us or our sponsor by next week, please contact us.
Thank you for all your support. For sure, we will be organising more giveaway contest so everyone will have a chance to win, stay tuned!