Twitter Design – Inspiring Twitter Background & Resources
If you are a freelancer like me, you will probably find social media sites these days are your best friends. Facebook and Twitter are the most common social media sites being used to promote freelancing businesses. As you may have noticed, Twitter has redesigned the layout of the Twitter Homepage. It gives better support for multimedia applications such as videos and pictures, keyboard shortcuts and easier access to other kinds of content.
However, the new Twitter layout is obviously affecting the look of your Twitter background design. With this new layout, 100% of Twitter users or your followers will always see at least 41 pixels on each side. In today's post you will find out more about the detail interface dimensions for your new Twitter background, resources you can use in creating it, along with beautiful Twitter backgrounds for your inspiration.
Twitter Design Guide
Below are the specifications on how wide your background will be seen when a Twitter user lands on your Twitter profile page.
- 100% of users will always see at least 41 pixels on each side.
- 72% of users viewing in 1280 x 800 or higher resolution will see 108 pixels on each side.
- 28% of users viewing in 1440 x 900 or higher resolution will see 200 pixels on each side.
- 4% of users viewing in 1920 x 1080 will see 312 pixels on each side
- The right sidebar is now set with the 75% opacity. If you prefer to remove the transparent sidebar, you can find out more about it here. Either way, make sure to pick the right color to maintain the readability as well as the color impact.
- The timeline column is set to always be 540 pixels wide, while the sidebar can vary. Therefore, it is best to use tiled patterns or a seamless background. Though, you can always be creative in creating your background and don't forget to match it with your branding theme.
Inspiring Twitter Background Designs
Twitter Design Resources
- New Twitter design guidelines and free PSD layouts for standard resolutions
- HOW TO: Customize Your Background for the New Twitter
Show Off Your Twitter Background
Now that you have everything you need to know plus the resources we have provided, you are ready to renew your Twitter background. Tell us which is your favorite Twitter background or show us yours in the comment section.